I hope you find something in these pages that feels a little familiar.
Poem 1
Wishes
I wish to be the rhythm of the drizzle to hide my tear drops
I wish to be a mesmerizing dream to seal my yesterday’s laughter
I wish to be the waves of the ocean to snatch away memories to the depths
I wish to be a gale of wind to be with my other half
I wish to be the soil on earth to blossom a being I wish to be a twinkling star to smile at the world
I wish to be a note of silence to sing my life’s story……
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 2
solacing song to the soul
The tiny bird always gay and playful
Flew with the tide of the care….
Hiding the warmth of love and dreams to its skinny feathers……..
Flapping and spreading the fragrance of love to her companions……
She flew and flew with caution away from falcons……
Looking in her new nest with hope and joy
When she landed on her new nest……
She wished she could rest……..
But her tiny nest, a puzzle so hard to crack…..
She started flying again
Crushed dreams burning fire on her bosom….
The tiny bird in trance Tired and confused
Tried to sing her souls song to her mate…….
She waited for him to return to her
He did come, never trying to hear her melody
Never seeing its intensity, never listening its beating
The tiny bird still sings her souls song
Wishing for a day to sing in union
To sing and flap her wings in joy and close her eyes
Hopes of that bright and serene day
Floats her to air and she flies singing her souls song……..By Shabina Sanad
Poem 3
A Birthday Wish
It’s the beauty of the morning dew drops and the charm in your brief smile
Makes me to move …………each step is a promise to the twinkle in your eyes
That keeps me live and vibrant like a pigeon
My wings ache when you are not around………
I feel lonely and insecure ………….
I keep waiting……….just for a glance
To melt my woes in the sweetness and elegance of your being
The sun shines for me when you enter like a dashing gale of wind……
A divine feel of vibe engulf me then.
Are you my mentor? Companion or a true guide…….I keep asking myself and find no answer
I wish if I can resist the fog …………..the fog from the spark of Perfection and wisdom in you
Iam not an angel nor a sinner……….
Yet wish to offer my pearls and beads of prayers and good wishes to you on your special day
You unraveled a wonderful and vibrant world to me …………..
Let me hem a note of gratitude too today……… and let you know you are special
My lonely path looks lovely cos I own those rare and close moments you gifted to me ………….
Happy Birthday ………….from the deep soul of mysterious dew
drop (Shabnam) By Shabina Sanad
Poem 4
Candle
I was all alone in the church
I lit the candle and watched its dancing flames
My soul started chanting to me
“why did you hide the roses
Why did you hide your passion
Why didn’t you want to hear the voice
That you yearn to hear?
Why didn’t you utter the sweetest words
Why did you hide your dreams?
My answer the tears, fell on the candle
And darkness surrounded me
I looked out through the huge door
My path lies lonely and long
Mozantos blossomed on both sides
Snowflakes are dropping on them
They can fall in love
The sky, stars, flowers, birds
They can fall in love
But I can’t
“will you be born again to reveal the roses
Will you be born again to reveal your passion
Will you be born again to hear his voice
Will you be born again to say those words
Will you be born again to materialise your dream.
I sighed and whispered to myself
We will light the candle
together then
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 5
A Dream
I rose from the unfinished dream
The waves have taken the sandcastles
That we built together
The hand that you extended remains untouched
Iam away from you far away
Where is the stars that showered light on us
Where is the stream that tickled our legs
Where is the snowflakes that whispered to us
Where is the sea that fascinated and called us beyond the horizon
Oh my friend let me thank you for being there with me in my dreams
Let it be a dream unfinished
The unparallel path, the unspoken words
The unwritten love lies before us now
But promise me my friend that
You will keep a white rose and
A petal of tear for my grave.....Promise me.........By Shabina Sanad
Poem 6
A New Year hymn
A new year hymn to look for hope
New new days to see the smile of the beloved ones
Gone are the days to ponder over the follies.
Newer days to bring back peace and smile
Looking through the windows to weigh the bitterness of the words bespoken
Shadows of the past are dancing along the waves
I sigh in vain and crave for your presence
Couldn’t you hear the suffocating laughter and glitter of those days?
That is evaporating through the windows
Didnt I mumble once about loneliness and silence that I scare most?
Why I was always scared to lose your love
The ominous dreams making me nervous and making me kneel in prayers......
I wake up at night feeling lumps in my throat and look out through the window
The rippling waves of the sea is flowing along the tune of the breeze
Brightly lit neon’s are blinking secretively kissing the darkness
The night is as beautiful as ever
But why the nightmares creeping in again and scaring me?
My soul is swirling to find the hidden love sparkling in remote
Am I far from you so far beyond your sight and sensation?
Am I becoming vulnerable even to look out through the window and melt in its scenic mysteries?
Bring me back my smile and the lost rhythm, why do you reject the heed of my soul purposely
The scars are pleading for your care and affection
I wait in silence for your return, to smile and start afresh together.
By Shabina Sanad
Poems 7
A New Year hymn
A new year hymn to look for hope
New new days to see the smile of the beloved ones
Gone are the days to ponder over the follies.
Newer days to bring back peace and smile
Looking through the windows to weigh the bitterness of the words bespoken
Shadows of the past are dancing along the waves
I sigh in vain and crave for your presence
Couldn’t you hear the suffocating laughter and glitter of those days?
That is evaporating through the windows
Didnt I mumble once about loneliness and silence that I scare most?
Why I was always scared to lose your love
The ominous dreams making me nervous and making me kneel in prayers......
I wake up at night feeling lumps in my throat and look out through the window
The rippling waves of the sea is flowing along the tune of the breeze
Brightly lit neon’s are blinking secretively kissing the darkness
The night is as beautiful as ever
But why the nightmares creeping in again and scaring me?
My soul is swirling to find the hidden love sparkling in remote
Am I far from you so far beyond your sight and sensation?
Am I becoming vulnerable even to look out through the window and melt in its scenic mysteries?
Bring me back my smile and the lost rhythm, why do you reject the heed of my soul purposely
The scars are pleading for your care and affection
I wait in silence for your return, to smile and start afresh together.
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 8
For the prince in my fantasy world
Your eyes my dream
Your smile my pleasure
Your gaze my gift
Your love my chain
Your absence my pain
Your nearness my heaven............
I hide my heart to beat for its real owner
confessing to the almighty
let me melt in my prayers and enjoy the peace
let me love you from the distance
let me see the mystique twilight and the sunshine through you
let me hide my shadow in teardrops and rain for you when you hate my presence
iam budding and blossoming in your elegance and sweetness
why iam lost when you are away
On this secial day let me offer a petal of love and affection and notes of prayes to see your innocent
smile again By Shabina Sanad
Poem 9
Homing
She was flying with him in the sky
He spread his wings to protect her from the scorching sun. She was floating in between the blue sky and deep blue sea. Her whole being was filled with rapture. She was soaring so high for the first time and her delicate wings ached. Even then she was eager to enjoy nature’s beauty. The wind was blowing softly. He alighted on the branch of a huge cedar tree and rested there. She moved closer to him and looked into his eyes. He sang and the melodious notes entered into her heart, she felt as if her heart is melting and flowing like a stream. The fragrance of cedar flowers and the gentle gust of breeze created a lullabic effect on her.She closed her eyes and fell into a trance. Suddenly the thought of her mother flashed into her mind. Her mother would be anxiously waiting for her in the nest. She rose and without bidding farewell to him, flew towards her nest. She brooded over her folly. She felt pain in her wings. Her mother never let her fly so high. She never meant to break the rules.No, she shouldn’t, as disobedience is not allowed in their clan. She tried to fly fast. She knew that what had happened before was just an illusion. Reality lies where she is heading now. Thats her world. The other world of music, fun and beauty seemed alien to her now. In the twilight it was hard to see her destination but she flew with all her might to reach the nest
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 10
Iam a stone
Iam a stone I search for the hands that once tickled me and caressed me fondly You Rain and Fire! How can i forget you who put fire on my emotions a thousand times How can i forget you who rained on me a hundred times to the tune and dance of gentle breeze I go weak yet i get up to regain my confidence When you were giving pleasure to your eyes my heart the stones heart was bleeding Iam fully a stone now I touched the rain drops and gazed in awe at the red dots of fire I dwelve deep to find A touch of love A word of care A smile of naughtiness A gist of giggle I can forgive the betrayal Take away the harshness And dubious chauvanism Deliberate attempts of jealousy creation The love is lost but iam not lost Iam a forgiving stone Come back to me clean and fresh Iam waiting
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 11
Pebbles
That dream is chasing me………
You and me in the sea shore alone……..
In the playful reflections of the moon I see your face
Why I savored the wine in your eyes, so innocent looking and piercing…….
Why I was oblivious of my convictions?
Why I felt at ease even the chilly wind escorted to the vale……..
Was it ever happened, the pebbles you throw sinking deep down the ocean?
Did I really hear the ripples?
Didn’t I hurt the sea, when my own conscience was bleeding?
Why I let you hold my hand……..my sinful hands are scorning at me….
Yet I wish to see the friendly smile and stars to remain in your eyes for me as well.
I see the mirage ….it’s my own self………drifting in dilemma……where do I belong?
That was just a dream, I am awake now…..
From the fantasy world………that was the darker shadow of my being…….revolting and wayward
My soul is craving for the loved ones who are miles and miles away from
Oh my dad I reach in vain for your hand everyday
The shallowness of the world is creeping on to my veins
Can you see my lonely and restless path daddy?
I sail in the sea of tears……fighting for a grip
Show me the right path from above………iam as innocent as the toddler when I hold your big hand for support…….
The pebbles are just the Fragment of a day dream
When he tossed the pebbles my heart wept in silence……..
Are they real, or fake like my own life……….waiting for the footstep of a baby in silence…….
Or my own soul, strewn away in the sandy beach and stepped over
Why I burst today, when fingers rose to blame
I wait for the waves to come and wash me pure and pristine one more time......
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 12
Realisations
Its you the brightest star, shining and glowing like a diamond
I sit in the dark corner of the terrace
Every night to see you moving
Why I thought that the distance is intolerable
Why I thought that the star adjacent to you is dull
Why i thought that the distance will change everything
Nothing has changed
Everything was an illusion
As the child cried over the unattained moon
I cried over my fancies and fantasies
Now I know trying to reach you is as vain as trying to hold dew drops in my hands
I want to bring back my innocent smile
I want to bring back the lost rhythm
So be there, I can watch you from here
How lovely its to see you amid the countless stars
I can see one star winking at me
That star is not as bright as you
But that star is made for me
For me alone
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 13
Iam a stone
Iam a stone I search for the hands that once tickled me and caressed me fondly You Rain and Fire! How can i forget you who put fire on my emotions a thousand times How can i forget you who rained on me a hundred times to the tune and dance of gentle breeze I go weak yet i get up to regain my confidence When you were giving pleasure to your eyes my heart the stones heart was bleeding Iam fully a stone now I touched the rain drops and gazed in awe at the red dots of fire I dwelve deep to find A touch of love A word of care A smile of naughtiness A gist of giggle I can forgive the betrayal Take away the harshness And dubious chauvanism Deliberate attempts of jealousy creation The love is lost but iam not lost Iam a forgiving stone Come back to me clean and fresh Iam waiting
By Shabina Sanad
Poem 14
Tears
He is beside me but he is too far
The stars are still there in his eyes
But I daren’t look into it
The magnetism is there, that is pulling me
But I can resist it
I can feel the beauty of unspoken words
Heap of words, remain there, never come out.
Now let me wait for my prince
As in a fairy tale he will come on horseback
To take me to the valley of dreams and happiness
The memories that you left will remain in the
Corner of my heart like a lit lamp.
Tears don’t fall
I knelt down on the altar
The serene atmosphere in the church
Soothed my heart
I held the rosary tightly to my bosom
I gazed at the twinkling stars
The happy notes from the carols
Are fading away
Tears don’t fall
By Shabina Sanad


No comments:
Post a Comment